With increasing industrialization and the establishment of factories which emit smoke and other air pollutants, there was worldwide concern for protection of environment. In June 1972, the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment was held in Stockholm, where decisions were taken to take appropriate steps for preservation of the natural resources of the earth, which, among other things, included preservation of the quality of air and water by controlling pollution. In 1974, Parliament enacted the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, with a view to prevent and control water pollution and to maintain and restore wholesomeness of water. In furtherance of the decisions taken at Stockholm, Parliament enacted the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, to provide for prevention, control and abatement of air pollution. The Water and the Air Pollution Acts provides for the constitution of the State Pollution Control Boards to deal with the problem of water and air pollution.
The Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) is an autonomous statutory organization constituted on 1st July, 1988 under the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981. The GSPCB is presently operating from Saligao. The Offices of the Chairman, Member Secretary, Technical section, Legal section, Accounts section, Scientific section (including Laboratory), Information and Technology section & Administrative Section are currently operating from the premises at Saligao, Bardez – Goa. SPCB have been assigned an important role for prevention and control of pollution from different sources. In recent years, additional responsibilities have been assigned to the Boards for enforcement of various statutes.
FOR LIVE EMISSION AND WATER MONITORING DATA CLICK HERE
FOR LIVE CEMS DATA OF COMMON BIOMEDICAL WASTE TREATMENT FACILITY ( Biotic Waste Limited ) - CLICK HERE
"This is to inform the public that GSPCB will be only accepting online application applied through OCMMS software. Also Complaints or any other grievance will be accepted through official email (email@example.com)"
SUPPORT LINE FOR OCMMS (Online filling of Application ) AND FILING OF PLASTIC WASTE COMPLAINT - Call - 9356709461
"BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT CALLS MADE BY NO. 9310869948, THIS NUMBER DOES NOT BELONG TO ANY BOARD OFFICIAL, GENERAL PUBLIC MAY PLEASE NOTE THE SAME AND NOT TO SHARE ANY INDUSTRY OR APPLICATION DETAILS TO THE NUMBER.
INFORM THE BOARD IF YOU RECEIVE ANY SUCH CALLS"
- NOISE ACTION PLAN AND AUTHORITIES
- List of selected candidates for the post of Junior Environmental Engineer and Network Assistant
- Public hearing of Proposed expansion of sponge iron plant into integrated steel plant of M/s. Ambey Metallic Pvt Ltd
- Results for the post of Junior Environmental Engineer and Network Assistant
- Application for the post of Multi Tasking Staff for the office of GSPCB
- Candidates shortlisted for the Post of Junior Environmental Engineer (Advertisement no.04 & 05)
- Link to Project Study Particulate Source Apportionment Study for Air Quality In Vasco da Gama, Goa
- DEEPAWALI AWARENESS PROGRAM BY CPCB - VIDEO-1
- Construction and Demolition Annnual Returns
- Video Link for OCMMS
- 1st International Environment & Sustainability Summit Goa 2023(https://iessg.in/)
- NEW LINK - Report of GSPCB files before Hon. High Court in SWMP/2/07
- Guidelines and information regarding Covid-19
- Draft EIA Notification 2020 in Konkani
- Compliance of Hon'ble NGT orders in the matter of OA No 804/2017 w.r.t Installation of Display Board
- Circular Regarding granting of consent with conditions
- REG DAIRY FARMS & GAUSHALAS
- Guidelines for Handling, Treatment and Disposal of Waste Generated during Treatment/Diagnosis/Quarantine of COVID-19 Patients
- PUBLIC NOTICE - as a NGT compliance to OA NO 673/2018 for preparation of action plan for rejuvenation of polluted streches of the rivers of Goa
- Affidavit and Status Report filed by GSPCB w.r.t directions of Hon'ble High Court passed in SMWP/2/2007 wide order dated 5-12-19
- Report of GSPCB filed before Hon. High Court in SWMP/2/07 on 5/11/2019
- Revised Guidelines for setting up of Rural Solid waste disposal units/composting units